Origin of roulette game
On the question of the place of roulette appearance, there is still no reliable answer. They say that the origin may be China or France.
In 1655, French scientist Blaise Pascal, working on a perpetual motion machine, experimented with a wheel and a ball spinning around it. The purpose of the mechanism was far from gambling. Mystics believe that the secret of roulette was suggested to the scientist by the devil himself. Not in vain roulette is called “devil’s wheel” because if you count the sum of all numbers on it, then the result will be 666, which is called the number of the beast.
According to the second version, the law enforcement agencies of France created the roulette to distract the population from playing cards. At that time the number of card cheats was extremely high. And in the new invention, the contact with cheaters was limited.
There is another version connected with China. It is believed that the Tibetan monks played “Magic Square” – a game similar to roulette with 37 animal figures, which were later attached to the wheel and replaced by numbers.
In fact, games similar to roulette were in different peoples, such as the Indians, the Greeks.
Roulette table look
Classic European roulette consists of a playing field, a reel and a field for placing the so-called “verbal bets”.
If you play the roulette emulator online, you have an unlimited amount of time to place your bets. As long as you don’t press the Spin button, the game won’t start. You also won’t be able to bet while the ball is spinning on the reel. Betting closes immediately after the Spin button is pressed.
How to play roulette game
The dealer throws the ball on the spinning wheel, in the direction opposite to its rotation. The ball, having made several revolutions on the spiral, falls into a special “pocket” or notch, with printed numbers.
Roulette betting patterns
Players have the opportunity to:
- Guess which number will fall out.
- Bet on multiple numbers, a combination.
- Guess the characteristics of the next number: black / red, even / odd, big / small.
The size of the payout depends on how the bet was made. Players can make several bets simultaneously, combining different types of bets, the only limitation is the maximum possible bet on a particular gaming table.
Words to know in the game of roulette
- A Cheval – a bet on the split in French roulette.
- Action – The total amount of bets over a certain period of time.
- Action Player – a player who makes large bets over a long period of time.
- American Roulette – one version of roulette, which includes the numbers 1 – 36, symbols 0 and 00 (a total of 38 slots).
- American Wheel – a roulette wheel with zeros and double zeros.
- Backtrack – the outer circle of the roulette wheel.
- Ball Track – inner circle roulette wheel.
- Layout – design of the game table, which shows all possible options for betting.
- Line Bet – bet on 6 numbers (2 rows of 3 numbers).
- Low Bet – betting on small numbers (1 – 18).
- Low Roller – a player who bets on small numbers.
- Manque – a bet on small numbers in French roulette.
- Martingale Betting System – a variant of the betting system with doubling. A player doubles his bet after each loss.
Types of online roulette
The roulette wheel has several varieties depending on where the game takes place. For example, in the United States, the standard roulette wheel has an extra cell on the wheel called a double zero because the extra cell is marked “00”. This 38-cell wheel is used in American roulette. On the other hand, playing European roulette with a 37-cell wheel has only one zero field.
There are other roulette wheel models, such as French roulette, California roulette, and Vegas roulette, but European and
American are the most popular and widely used.
Probably the most important difference between American and European Roulette is the house edge percentage that each of these options has (American Roulette has a 5.26% house edge, while European Roulette has a 2.7% house edge, making it a little easier to win)
Roulette lovers now have the opportunity to play and learn a large number of roulette varieties thanks to the internet and the abundance of game formats available at online casinos. And while in land-based casinos the outcome of a spin depends on gravity and centrifugal force, online casinos use a random number generator (RNG) to determine the outcome of each individual spin.
Tips to play online roulette gambling games to make money
If you decide to try your luck at online roulette at an online casino, then the first thing you need to do is to choose a trustworthy and reliable online casino where you will be assured of fair and honest play. This rule applies not only to roulette, but all other online gambling.
Before you play roulette Thailand, study its rules thoroughly – familiarize yourself with the system of bets and payouts for each individual bet.
Roulette comes in different variations, so it is recommended to play French Roulette or European Roulette, and you should never play American Roulette. This is because your winning chances are much higher on French and European Roulette, but on American Roulette, the casino’s odds nearly double.
Before playing roulette for real money, try playing with play money. Almost every online casino offers you free play for play money.
Always play roulette only with the amount of money you don’t feel sorry to lose. This applies not only to roulette, but also to all other casino games.
Determine how much money you can afford to win, and stop playing as soon as you reach that amount. It is very important not to get greedy here and stop in time, taking your winnings satisfactory to you, otherwise you risk losing both the money you won and all your remaining money.
Effective roulette strategy
Roulette Online Casinos is one of the most unpredictable games in casinos, because it’s impossible to calculate where the ball will fall on the next spin of the wheel. That’s why, strange as it may seem, of all the casino games, roulette has provided you with the greatest number of winning strategies and betting systems.
You must remember that there is no no no-win or winnable roulette strategy that can guarantee your profits over a long period of time. Nevertheless, roulette strategies can help you increase your winning chances (against the casino) mathematically and thus help you at the roulette table.
Among the list of suggested strategies and betting systems (see below) choose for yourself a suitable strategy that you think is best for you personally. Although most strategies follow the same principle, i.e. increasing the bet after losing and decreasing the bet after winning, they all differ greatly. Some strategies are safer but bring a small profit, others, on the contrary, can bring a large profit, but in the case of prolonged failure can lead the player to bankruptcy. Therefore, before using a roulette strategy or betting system – it is better to try them out for a free roulette game.
- Tip: Don’t try to search for, and especially buy online, different roulette strategies that promise you a hundred percent win – such strategies simply do not exist. All known and proven roulette betting systems are freely available online and you can read them for free.
- Thomas Donald Strategy. One of the safest roulette strategies, able to keep the player’s balance even with a very long streak of bad luck. Wins on the system itself is small, so a significant profit from Donald strategy can be obtained only for a long period of time. According to the author, to apply the strategy, it is necessary to have a reserve of 3 thousand betting units.
- Relaxed Roulette strategy. This roulette system involves betting on dozens. The strategy itself is safe enough, but difficult in its understanding, because the player always need to keep notes and calculations, as well as to monitor the fallen dozens.
- Oscar Grind’s strategy. By creating this system of bets, Oscar Grind primarily relied on the fact that to reduce losses when playing roulette. Therefore, the system can be considered safe, but it does not bring big winnings.
- Fibonacci Strategy. This strategy is based on a betting system using the mathematical sequence of Fibonacci. It is recommended to play by this strategy on equal opportunity bets.